Sunday, July 19, 2009

Break You

Maybe I'm just in a pissed off mood, but I really want to fucking crack somebody's skull in. I don't normally listen to very much death metal, but lately I've been in the sort of mood to beat the living fuck out of somebody and I need to channel that energy positively. So I do so with death metal. My current favorite is Miseration.

In any case, my metal thought for today is about a story that came out a while ago. Allegedly, Phil Fasciana, the guitarist from Florida death metal band was involved in a real-life shoot-out when he walked into a convenience store to buy some chocolate milk (which I fucking love) and realized it was being held up. He was shot at a couple of times, hit the deck, and when the gunman wasn't looking, snuck up behind the fucker and disarmed him. When the bastard reached into his sock to pull out another gun, Phil shot him twice in the motherfucking head, point blank.

The dude's head must have exploded and he must have been covered in blood. That's fucking brutal. I don't know if it's true or not, but at least we know what their next new song's going to be about.

Nothing more metal than a real-life experience with absolute brutality.

1 comment: